Snowsports - Skiing & Snowboarding in PA
Important 20/21 Ski Season Information:
CLOSING DAY ANNOUNCEMENT:The 20/21 Winter Season has come to an end.We thank all of our guests and staff who supported us through this season.It was definitely our most challenging season and one we will not forget.
- Face coverings must be worn whenever physical distancing cannot be achieved. This includes in the Lodge, Rental Building, lift lines, lessons and on the lifts and in any other building.
- Although goggles or glasses are not required, we do recommend wearing them.
Everybody will need to store their belongings in their car or hotel room. The lodge will only be available for restrooms and grab & go food items.
Additional portable toilets have been added to the base area for guests who do not wish to enter the Lodge.
We will also be offering outdoor food and seating options featuring our new food truck, The Hungry Bear. Additional heaters and seating will be available outdoors.
- The Trail's End Cafe will be open for to-go meals and will operate as per state and local guidelines.
- Lift lines lends itself well with physical distancing due to length of skis and boards. We will reemphasize physical distancing while in lift lines.
- We will never make anyone share a chair with others groups that you are not part of or someone you do not know.
- Face covering will be required when in lift lines and while riding the lifts the lifts.
This year, Bear Creek is partnering with Inntopia, an e-commerce company, to help reduce contact points.
- Lift tickets, snowtubing, and rental equipment will be purchased online and in advance.
- Day tickets will be limited to avoid overcrowding.
- Special 'rate' lift tickets (Military, College, Ski Club, Police, Fire, EMS and 911 Dispatcher Special) must be purchased in person at Guest Services as per usual.
Please remember to bring valid ID.
- For hours please see our Winter Sports Hours page.
The resort is prepared to be flexible and adjust to any restrictions mandated by the CDC or Pennsylvania state officials. In the event restrictions are lifted, Bear Creek will make adjustments and notify the public.
Take a look at the NSAA's Ski Well, Be Well document for operational best practices that are based on scientific guidelines from experts.
- Located within an hour of Philadelphia, the resort offers a destination without the drive
- 3 terrain parks: Cascade Park, Black Bear Park, and Family Park
- NASTAR recreational ski races (snowboarders are welcome!)
- 116 room hotel at the base of the mountain
- On-site spa and restaurants
Top elevation: 1100'
Vertical Rise: 510'
Lifts: 3 quad chairs, 1 triple chair, 2 carpet lifts
Beginner Trails: 30%
Intermediate Trails: 40%
Total Slopes, Trails, and Parks: 23
Skiable Acres: 86
Lighted Trails: 100%
What are YOU waiting for?
Remember to tag us at #bcmountainresort